CMTS ARRIS 1500 Problem with provisioning, cable modems do not get an IP address | docsis.org

You are here

CMTS ARRIS 1500 Problem with provisioning, cable modems do not get an IP address

1 post / 0 new
luke_b
CMTS ARRIS 1500 Problem with provisioning, cable modems do not get an IP address

Hello! I am an electronics engineer, a little less IT, sorry for my English - I support a translator, I am from Poland and I wanted to say hello at the beginning.

I was able to buy the Arris CMTS1500 cheap, fully functional and working. I read a lot, I have a manual in PDF, and also used this forum for configuration after CLI.

Currently, the test modem is logging in, but it stops at the DHCP Offer in logs.

My test stand is a computer with a network card, switch, DHCP server, TFTP server, RFC868 time server and of course CMTS, plus a computer from Putty connected to CMTS via SSH.

The DHCP server itself works well by connecting another device to Switch, the server assigns the address correctly, the computer connects to all network components.

Unfortunately, CMTS (acting as a bridge, I think) does not assign an address to the modem.

I want to run it testly, I'm using the Webstar EPX2203 modem, and currently I don't have a configuration file - is it needed for my purpose? the modem is only to get the IP and is to connect to the network on the DHCP server side. I don't think the file is needed here.

Configuration is carried out according to https://docsis.org/forums/docsis-chat/arris-cmts-1000 post # 5 of course I enter my addresses,
Could you tell me what exactly to set up in this CMTS because I feel it is a difficult task for me, but I would like to do it. Can I count on your help?

Regards Łukasz.