Nortel 1000 | docsis.org

You are here

Nortel 1000

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Nortel 1000

My company purchased a cmts 1000 and was wondering if someone could point me into the right direction for info on how to set this up and get it working? I have been able to set some commands but others I can't seem to figured out where to set them. Like setting the DHCP server ip address, where do you set that at?

Thanks

DocsisAdmin
Device is a bridge?

I'm not familiar with the Nortel CMTS units, but according to this post - http://www.docsis.org/node/177 - the CMTS 1000 is a bridge only device. In that case, you wouldn't configure DHCP relay information or anything of that sort -- you'd have to connect the unit to a router that would be able to do that for you.

cbrandon (not verified)
CMTS

I have my test modem connected but it sits at DHCP OFFER. Anyone know why a cable modem would sit at that point and not finish with it's ip request?
If anyone has any pointers for me, please e-mail me at cbrandon@inetplusinc.com. I have the CMTS1000 and a Win Server 2003 running the lancity provisioning software. I'm using the dhcp server provided with Win2003 server.

thanks

cbrandon (not verified)
Modems

I think I have everything setup but my modems are sitting at registration and wont go any further. Any ideas?

DocsisAdmin
No route?

Lack of two-way routing is generally what causes DHCP to get stuck at the offer stages.

From what you're describing, it sounds like the Windows 2003 Server does not have a route back to the CMTS. DHCP Discover packets travel from the modem/CMTS to the DHCP server. The server makes the offer, but the route the offer takes does not go back to the CMTS -- it may be taking the default route instead (trying to go to the internet or elsewhere). You can check this by assigning a device an address from your DHCP pool and plugging it in to the network on the port where the CMTS resides. Verify whether or not you can ping the test device from the DHCP server. If you can't, you need a static route on the DHCP server to point the CPE/Modem subnets towards the correct interface or router.

cbrandon (not verified)
CMTS

I am able to ping the modem without any problems. When I watch the modem, it has a success with the following: Initialize Hardware, Find downstream, Ranging, DHCP Bound, Download CM config file, and it hangs on Registration. I have no problems pinging the router (which I assign all public ip's and can ping it from a different class c subnet) but when I hook my laptop to the modem, it wont let me get past the modem. I think it's because on the status, it's stuck at registration.
Any ideas?

cbrandon (not verified)
cmts

Well, I think I know why it's stuck at registration. I looked on the modem status and there is no data under Class of Service Parameters. :(

sedsedsed
CMTS Arris

I Use two Arris CMTS 1000, DHCP/TFTP server is on suse 10.0 and i have no problems with registering modem. If you want you can send me a mail on secko99@hotmail.com with your dhcp config file.
Problem is 100 % with your dhcp server.

emkowale
email me.

E-mail me and I'll fix you up.

eric@starlightcable.com

evilsidio
hi

hi
Can you please help me.
I have nortel arris 1000 but i can not configure a proper dhcp server for the cable modems.
the cable modems are motorola surfboard.
can you please help me.

any type of configuration on any platform.
thnx in advance

my email address is : e_tosku@yahoo.com

emkowale
Hi

E-mail me and I can help you.

eric@kowalewski.com

DocsisAdmin
CLI info

The Installation Manual describes the various CLI options and can be found at Nortel's site.
http://support.nortel.com/go/main.jsp?cscat=DOCUMENTATION&poid=8618