loopback ubsr7246vxr | docsis.org

You are here

loopback ubsr7246vxr

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
flavio.mali
loopback ubsr7246vxr

I have a network ip not public and a network of public ip on the same interface cable of a cmts ubr7246vxr. how do i network ip not public access the network ip public. I've tried the loopback interface and route-map but failed.

Thank you, Flavio.

roghax
an access-list?

an access-list?

flavio.mali
loopback

I've done it. one access-list allowing access to another network and then a route-map pointing to the loopback interface ip but failed. have some other way?

Capm
So

So let me see if I'm interpreting this right...

You have public IP addresses, and private IP addresses on the cable interface of your CMTS - these are the Modem and CPE IP ranges you're talking about correct?
And you are wanting to be able to access the private IP of the cable modems from the public IP of the CPE's ?

Odds are, that in your gateway router, (the gateway of last resort that should be set in your config, most likely), there is an access-list that prevents this from happening, and traffic from these ranges flow out of your cmts to the router and back - You need to change the access list in the router, would be my guess.

I would make sure you've got all your bpi settings and pwod des key encryption and all set in your config files before you allow this though...

mbowe
Yes, It's not really clear

Yes, It's not really clear what you are trying to achieve. You might need to paste some of your CMTS config to help explain it.

* If you are trying to block access from one to the other, then use ACL on that interface.

* If you are trying to permit access, then it should automatically work, unless you already have an ACL somewhere which is blocking it.

flavio.mali
loopback

I will try my situation is as follows:

* In the same interface cable I provide public ip to subscribers that request and I provide other ip not public;

* For I make a public ip access-list and route-map to the router interface traffic directly to the operator of the Internet link without undergoing any treatment;

* For public ip's not have a default route to send to a firewall and does nat, etc ...;

* I have a subscriber who has a point to address the public and the public does not address another point on the same interface cable. Network does not public it wants service access point cameras installed in public ip. From outside the network can access but inside he can not.

* Do not use bpi in the configuration files.