Looking for OID to completely disable MTA / VOIP localy EPC3928 | docsis.org

You are here

Looking for OID to completely disable MTA / VOIP localy EPC3928

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
babba
Looking for OID to completely disable MTA / VOIP localy EPC3928

Hi

Im doing some testing locally on my modem Have full serial acces with modem key and looking for the OID to disable VOIP on starts.
It looks that my setting get overwritten by config on boot . I want to disable that permanent
Its a Cisco EPC3928 family

thanks

hinzoo
Try this.

SnmpMibObject saCmMtaDevice.0 Integer 0; /* disable */
EDIT:

It is to be writen into conf-file of course. I forgot to mention that, sorry.

babba
Thx for you reply

Thx for you reply

I tried snmpset -v2c -c public 192.168.100.1 SA-CM-MTA-MIB::saCmMtaDevice.0 i 0 but that get overwritten by config on boot . ALso tried to disable ip stack 6 with snmpset -v2c -c public 192.168.100.1 SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.4413.2.99.1.1.2.1.4.1.3.6 i 0 bu that object is not writable

Any sugestions?

kwesibrunee
There will not generally be a

There will not generally be a mib to permanently disable MTA. In order to achieve the same affect you can add the snmpset of the aforementioned oid to the config file. There are also many oids which are only writable during config file processing, and it seems you have found one. setting both of these oids in the config will disable the mta and disable ipv6 everytime it boots.

babba
Oke last thing, would there

Oke last thing, would there be a function to set the dhcp_enable option to 0 on stack 6 and would that be writable? I did that on a epc3925 with a writable nonvol "CM>nonvol\emta>dhcp_enable 0" that worked great and was not overwritten by config

Looking for the mib/oid now as my last chance lol to disable the dhcp function on that ip stack

Thanks

Sarcarean
Hi Babba,

Hi Babba,

just put both of these into your config file:
tmmCmMtaDevice (1.3.6.1.4.1.2863.78.1.1.0) = 0
pktcMtaDevEnabled (1.3.6.1.4.1.4491.2.2.1.1.1.7) = 0

And the MTA should act just like a CM.

Regards
contact (at) embeddedcomputers.net