join two downstream ports in CMTS C100, please help me | docsis.org

You are here

join two downstream ports in CMTS C100, please help me

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
deividfiguer

Please help me

I have the scenario where some ports on my QAM_8x96 card that allows only up to 32 channels per port are reaching 90%

I discovered that I can only configure up to 32 channels of the same port in the docsis mac interface configuration

When I try to add another channel it generates that error

CASA-C100G(conf-if-mac 1)#downstream 33 interface qam 0/0/32
Invalid channel id 32 as primary, should be 0-31

I plan to get DS8x192 cards that support more docsis channels later.

This is the result of show version of the QAM card I am testing with

CASA-C100G#show version
Running Image: SMM_8x10G Rel 8.6.1, Ver 1,build8181, Thu Jan 16 22:42:44 EST 2020,(relmgr)
Image booted from: nvram, File name: ccsi.gz.rel8.6.1.1_build8181

Module 0 QAM_8x96 Running (8 ports, 40 channels/port, 64 shared channels, 8 dvb channels)
Docsis channel: 256
Video channel: 4
Major rev 5, Minor rev 10
Serial_No: QB10CE6S0302
CFE version 12.9.13
Uptime: 10 d, 9 h, 41 m, 45 s

Something that occurs to me is to join two ports with a splitter, for example port 0 and port 1, in port 0 I would use 32 channels, and in port 1 I would use only 10 channels, that is, joining the two I would have 42 channels each with different frequencies

I want to know if I can configure this this way and it doesn't cause any problems.

Please help me with this

deividfiguer
join two downstream ports in CMTS C100G

Hi
Please help me with your comments on what I want to do.

fschlums
You could try to configure

You could try to configure two separate mac-domains without overlapping down- and upstreams and steer modems based on the modem configuration.

kdavid
You want to have 64 DS

You want to have 64 DS channels ?

deividfiguer

Yes, in the end I want that, but initially through the other port I can only turn on 10 channels, because we use the other channels for television, we are little by little turning off those analog channels

My idea is to have for example:

32 channels on port 0 and 10 channels on port 1

To have a total of 42 channels,

With this configuration I want to go from 1,152 Mb to 1,512 Mb in the same docsis mac interface

Please help me by confirming if this configuration would work without any problem.

fschlums
Are you running a downstream

Are you running a downstream bonding?
You should be able to add up to 255 downstreams to a mac-domain but only up to 32 primary channels. You can add more, but only secondary channels and they would need a channelbonding as a modem needs at least one primary channel to go online.

Is EuroDocsis an option? More capacity with the same amount of channels.