EPC3928D stuck in reject(c) after upgrading firmware | docsis.org

You are here

EPC3928D stuck in reject(c) after upgrading firmware

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
torb
EPC3928D stuck in reject(c) after upgrading firmware

Hi,
I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on some EPC3928D modems. The firmware is installed, but the modem will not come online after the upgrade.

The modem stops at reject(c), and then reboots and starts over with the init process.
The only change I made in the config file is the Software Upgrade Filename line.

After a bit of searching I see that reject(c) could be "bad Class of Service".

What should I do next?
Thanks

mbernardi
Could you post a sanitized CM

Could you post a sanitized CM config file? What CMTS/Version do you use? reject(c) is usually a config file issue.

Could you also post a sanitized configuration of the RF/cable interface on the CMTS?

torb
The CMTS is a UBR10K with

The CMTS is a UBR10K with 12.2(33)SCC5.

I find it strange that the config does not work after the firmware upgrade, the only line I changed is the software upgrade line. According to my colleague, it was working with the last firmware update last year.

Thanks

File attachments: 
kwesibrunee
One other thing that causes

One other thing that causes reject(c) is the new extended transmit feature Link, if its turned on, on the modem and the cmts doesn't support that feature it will fail with reject(c) (at least with arris modems) and since extended transmit is not supported on the 12.2.33SCC5 image that is a potential source of the problem. You can either upgrade the IOS to 12.2.33 SCF2 or later or use the vendor/docsis specific mib to turn off the extended transmit feature in the config file.

i.e. on an Arris modem you would set
SnmpMibObject 1.3.6.1.4.1.4115.1.3.4.1.3.32.0 Integer 0; /*arrisCmDoc30SetupExtendedUpstreamTransmitPowerValue 0*/ in the config