CUDA 12000 Password Reset | docsis.org

You are here

CUDA 12000 Password Reset

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
danian876
CUDA 12000 Password Reset

I have recently acquired a CUDA 12000 system and can't login. I get to the prompt but when I type in the username it just disappears and brings me back to the prompt. I have tried the method described in another post in this forum called "recently aquired CUDA 12000 and need some help" but it does not work for me. The system hangs at enabling swap. Can anyone give me a hand. Thanks in advance!

mtntrailseeker
Possibility is

you have bad hard drive on the bcm. What's displayed id the LED window when it's stuck at this point?

Does this C12K have 2x8, 2x12, 1x4 or 1x6's?

I worked for the manufacturer on this product line from 2000-2007 and the BCM's MM2's*, and MM3*'s with mechanical HD's were horrible for reliability. At the end of the product life cycle they switched to a solid sate HD.

Sometimes (race case) if it's not a bad HD, removing the four HD mounting screws and removing it from the ide connector and reseating it might make it work.

danian876
can you help me with locating

can you help me with locating a copy of CudaView and help with a small lab setup of the cuda 12000 system? What is the easiest way to get a cable modem connected to the cuda 12000 in a lab. I dont have a lot of money but I really need to learn about DOCSIS and the cuda 12000 was my cheapest option. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

mtntrailseeker
CudaView

That application went away during the 3.x codetrain development, probably around 2002-3. What type of CMTS modules do you have, 1x4, 1x6's or 2x8's?

All thats really needed for modem RF connectivity is a 2-way splitter acting as a combiner or a diplex filter. If using a 2-way it doesn't matter which output leg goes to the DS port and US port, but if using a diplex filter the DS port goes to the high side and the low side goes to the US port. Place about 40 db of inline rf pads on the common side and connect to the modem. With the proper cmts configuration the modem will range. You will need and external provisioing solution such as a linux box with DHCP, TFTP and ToD services and a modem configuration file to complete modem registration.
-T

danian876
I have 2 1x4 cards. Where can

I have 2 1x4 cards. Where can I get modem config files? my email is danian876 at hotmail dot com if you have any. Also what is the minimum configuration I need to get the modems to connect. Is there any free GUI for this system and is thee anywhere I can get the latest software? Thanks again!