CMTS BSR 1000 FAIL | docsis.org

You are here

CMTS BSR 1000 FAIL

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
flavio.mali
CMTS BSR 1000 FAIL

I have a problem on a CMTS Motorola BSR 1000. it stopped working and just lit the Fail LED on the front panel. fuse is not and what I could see that the source powering the board. anybody has a clue when it happens? which component might be faulty?

Thank you, Flavio.

husamaga
could you coonect the console

can you test the power source? it should be -48V i think, and don't forget to check the FAN unit.

regards

flavio.mali
BSR 1000 Fail

I can not connect via telnet and not via the console. the fan is working. seems that the source is not the problem because I was able to measure 48v on pins that feed the board but at the same time it seems that the board has no power, I believe that any component can be early on the power board. do you think?

husamaga
check the fan unit & it's

check the fan unit & it's pins, all fans must work, also try to clean the board, power unit & pins.. maybe to open the power unit and check if every thing ok.
the power unit should give you output -48v.
regards

flavio.mali
source ok!

I checked the fan and all are working. apparently the source is providing 48v to the board. see the files. is it some of those component or that it was my CMTS?

File attachments: 
grosche
BSR Troubleshooting Guide

System LEDs
The BSR 1000 system LEDs are located on the left side of the BSR 1000 front panel and are labeled Fail, Status, and Alarm.
Table 2-8 describes the possible display states of these LEDs during operation.
Table 2-8 BSR 1000 System LED Display States

Fail Status Alarm Interpretation
Off Green Off Normal operating status.
Off Green Red Failure. BSR 1000 is operating with an alarm condition. Note: This LED sequence occurs when an alarm condition is detected on individual upstream and downstream ports.
Red Off Off Fuse failure possibly indicating a hardware failure.
Red Off Red Failure. BSR 1000 is not operating.
Red Green Red Reset. Reset button was pressed and the BSR 1000 is starting its boot process.
Off Off Off BSR 1000 is not receiving power or is switched Off.

flavio.mali
ok!

ok! these basic procedures to detect the problem had ever seen. the idea of posting here is to see if anyone experienced the same problem and how to solve or at worst for me is no problem in feeding but some most important component crashed. Thank you for your interest and response.

cmcaldas
power surge

I believe the problem to be with the 8 pin voltage regulator. easy to locate, has a heat sink on top of it. not easy to remove, but had same issue and resolved after it was replaced. most of the time it's due to a power surge

~Carl

flavio.mali
fail

ok! I will pass this information to the technician. here after post the result.

Thank you, Flavio.