Cisco uBR7100 - IOS | docsis.org

You are here

Cisco uBR7100 - IOS

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lee
Cisco uBR7100 - IOS

Here's a good one, ...seems I am "stuck".

I have (uBR7111) Cisco routers that run various versions of IOS. Their IOS resides on (3" x 2") PCMCIA cards., ideally "Viking" brand. The card is inserted into the router, much like the same as if you would insert them into a laptop maybe. While the card is in the router the ISO is loaded with a typical TFTP server app, (cut/paste does not work) as this IOS is loaded in clusters. For example, while copying to a card, I see ...CCCCCCCCC... moving across the Hyperterminal screen.

My issue is this, ... Taking the router out of the picture, is there a way I can load the IOS from a PC/laptop onto a PCMCIA card inserted in the same PC/laptop, in the same cluster manner?

The routers presently have NO ethernet capability hindering me from ethernet connection to a PC/laptop.

Best, ... Lee.

mbowe
Yes it should work. Just pull

Yes it should work. Just pull the PCMCIA card out of the router and install into a laptop with PCMCIA slot. Drag and drop the IOS image onto the flash. Put back into router.

If you dont have a PCMCIA reader for your PC, then you can get compact flash -> pcmcia cards, and it shouldnt be too hard to get a compact flash reader to copy the files on/off