Bsr2000 Boot Rom | docsis.org

You are here

Bsr2000 Boot Rom

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Garnez
Bsr2000 Boot Rom

Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster here. First I would like to thank everyone in the docsis.org community! All the gathered knowledge in here has helped me out so many times that I lost count of it.

On to the problem.

We have 3x Motorola Bsr2000 at our company, and we keep geting problems with them that seem to be related to software bugs/faults from what I can find out when googling about it.
CPU load goes haywire when doing snmpbulk (the process tSnmpAgent uses 90-95% of the cpu all the time, even long after the snmpbulk has finished), cmts freezing/reloading when doing copy running-config startup config, changes not taking effect until a reload of the cmts is done (and the list goes on...).

here is an show version output on one of them, they all have the same version:
tb1_cm1#show version

BSR 2000(tm) version 1.0.0P31.01.TRAU
Copyright (c) 2005 by Motorola.
Compiled Mon Mar 13 12:04:09 EST 2006
MPC7447A processor with 512MB memory.
Boot ROM : 1.0.21
CPU : MPC7447A
Memory Size : 512 MB
Board Program ID : RD
Format Version : 11
Assembly Type : 39
Board Part Number : 520699-005-00
Board Serial Number : F060351000082361
Board Rev : C
Upper Level Part Number : 520025-005-00
Upper Level Serial Number : F060351000083580
Upper Level Rev : F
FPGA Revision : 0.220

Since we do not have any possible way to obtain a later version ourself we now humbly ask if someone at docsis.org could provide us with an later version?

email: tech(at)bitcom(dot)se

Thank you in advance.

fb445421
Licensed software

Hi!

As you may know, this piece of software is licensed and you need an SLA with Motorola to obtain it. I can help you get in touch with the good people of Motorola if you like. An SLA was around 3-400 USD per year last time I looked if my memory serves me correctly.

/Fredrik

One-time mail address for this matter only: moto-sla@skulle.se

Garnez
Thank you for your quick reply

We actually tried contacting Motorola at one point (think it was 4-5 months ago), since we were also interested in getting later software versions for the Motorola cable modems we use. But we got rejected since we simply weren't a big enough Motorola costumer (we mostly use Cisco products).

Instead they refereed us to our re-seller which we cant obtain any later software versions from either.